Monday, January 5, 2009

Let the Running Begin

When I was in 7th grade, I played basketball. Well, I was on a team that played basketball. I didn't get much playing time, but I showed up to practices and did what I could. Our coach was a bit eccentric, and developed an offense he called K.I.S.S. Yep, Keep It Simple Stupid.

I've heard the acronym used several other times since then in business and in life, but I've never chosen to really follow it. Until right now.

My new plan is to just keep this as simple as possible. I learned that hard way during my last streak that blogging everyday was just not my thing, but I still tried to do it. And tried. And tried. And tried. It just didn't work for me.

So my solution? DON'T DO IT EVERYDAY. I'll simplify things and update at least once a week. In terms of running, late night runs have caused problems for me. The KISS solution? DON'T RUN AT NIGHT, especially not outside for every run like the last streak.

Here are my 3 guidelines:

1. Run in the morning whenever possible. I start tomorrow at 6 AM!

2. Running on a treadmill is ok!

3. Blog about the running and causes at least once a week, but not every day.

And have fun.

Thanks for reading.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't blog every day either. I try and get 2 posts in sometimes 3 if I have something to talk about. Otherwise I just read others!

Janice {Run Far} said...

i read other blogs daily, but I can't seem to come up with enough to talk about, and besides, I am a little boring as it is. I can keep up my family blog easier, cause my two little grils make it easy. Good luck with your running and blogging

Marlene said...

Sounds like a good plan and a good compromise... hopefully it'll be easier for you to keep the streak alive without the pressure of blogging every single day.

Running Mom said...

Funny, I thought blogging about my runs would motivate me to run more. Not so. I find myself needing motivation to blog.

RunnerDude said...

How's the plan going? Bet you're burning up the asphalt or trails by now!

Sherri said...

I like your guidelines!

Anonymous said...

河水永遠是相同的,可是每一剎那又都是新的。

kizzy said...

I love your guidelines. I agree I cant blog everyday! When I force myself to do so, I lost my joy in doing it and it's making me sick..
____________
Smartwool socks

hailey said...

Hi, Great information! Would you please consider sharing my link to your readers? Please email me back at haileyxhailey gmail.com.

Thanks!
Hailey