Thursday, January 1, 2009

A New Year and New Goals

In 2008, I grew to understand the benefits of adversity and, in many ways, what some might consider to be outright failure. From May 2007 to September 2008, I ran everyday, at least one mile per day. To me, that was a successful streak. However, it ended and I felt the need to start a new streak. That is what started this blog.

Unfortunately, it hasn't worked for me yet. I spent about a month from when I started in November trying to find the motivation, energy, and causes to run for. The result was a lot of running, a lag in blogging, and a realization that I need to construct a better plan behind it, much more creativity, and benchmarks. I decided to take the day off from running on December 26th and set new goals today on a new streak. The plan is to begin January 5th. I know I can do at least one year, but I'm still set on 1,000 consecutive days.

I wish everyone best of luck with their goals for 2009 and beyond. I hope everyone sees the silver lining in any adversity that may be faced as well.

I look at the "failure" of this start as a key ingredient in what will be my success.

6 comments:

Marlene said...

Wow - 1000 days. Good luck on your new endeavor.

Janice {Run Far} said...

Good luck with your 1000. I hope the stars a-line and it works out how you want it. What an accomplishment.
Happy New Year!

Mel-2nd Chances said...

Happy new year and good luck with your 1000!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year! Good luck with the 1000 days. You can do it!

Unknown said...

What a fantastic idea--healthy and socially conscious! Good luck, I hope you make it!
If you're looking for more causes, you might have a resource you'll love. I work for UniversalGiving, a charity networking site connecting donors to reputable organizations. All our partner charities have to pass a rigorous QualityModel and we don't take any cut on donations. Check us out at www.universalgiving.org
Again, good luck on the goal!

Denise said...

That's a great goal...Good luck!