Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Run # 11 - Global Hope Network


The Cause:
Global Hope Network International
is a non-profit, private humanitarian aid organization headquartered in Orlando, Florida and Geneva, Switzerland. Through a committed team of both staff and volunteers, Global Hope Network International is dedicated to serving the "hidden and hurting" in more than 38 countries around the world. We focus on the overlooked or hidden persons in war zones, victims of natural disaster and peoples of under-developed countries by providing aid through food supply, medical care, agriculture, education and micro-enterprise.


In today's society, human cruelty is rampant and those without an advocate have little or no means in which to find aid or refuge. Global Hope Network International is committed to bringing help and hope to the hidden and hurting around the world. Our goal is to assist and provide humanitarian aid to the overlooked, discriminated and marginalized men, women and children who might not otherwise see any aid in their unreached region or province.


- From globalhopenetwork.org

Donate here.


The Run:
I bundled up with a hooded sweatshirt, snow cap, pants, you name it. I was surprised I didn't wear gloves. Running these hills in the cold night has been a struggle for me so I had to take action. The funny part is it wasn't cold after the first two minutes. I got pretty hot and the hills weren't bad tonight. I went up a slow, steady one and the way down was much faster. A good run for me. I feel like I'm ready to start going farther.

Up Next:
Grameen Foundation

1 comment:

Jeff said...

Thanks! Come with me and run while you're helping a hungry village in Africa, the Middle East or Asia... on one of our Compassion Trips!