Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Run # 12 - Grameen Foundation


The Cause:Grameen Foundation's mission is to enable the poor, especially the poorest, to create a world without poverty. With tiny loans, financial services and technology, we help the poor, mostly women, start self-sustaining businesses to escape poverty. Founded in 1997 by a group of friends who were inspired by the work of Grameen Bank in Bangladesh, our global network of 55 microfinance institution (MFI) partners, including our Growth Guarantee partners, has touched more than 34 million people in 24 countries. Our partners reach 6.8 million clients, and in addition, we introduced and now sustain technology initiatives (Mifos and Village Phone) in Cameroon, Kenya, Rwanda, and Uganda, bringing our total country outreach to 28. - from grameenfoundation.org

Donate here.


The Run: My penchant for night running continues and it's probably something I have to change. I started this run at 11:30 pm and was up until after 2. I didn't listen to music on this run and it reminded me how in awe I am of people who never do. It just doesn't work for me and this one was shorter than usually. I'm definitely bringing back music on the next run.

Up Next: Kids' Pages Cares

No comments: