Thursday, December 4, 2008

Run # 13 - Kids' Pages Cares


The Cause: Kids' Pages Cares gives families a loving "hand-up" not a "hand out." The families that receive assistance from Kids' Pages Cares have encountered difficult circumstances, the loss of a job, an illness or injury, a disabled child, a disaster such as a fire, parental abandonment (grandparents and other family members taking custody of children). By receiving referrals directly from school administrators, we insure that the assistance is going to children and families that really need it and will make good use of the help.

Last year, Kids' Pages Cares provided $308,000 worth of necessities and gifts to 3000 local needy children and their families. Help us reach that goal again this year!

- from kidspages.org

Donate here.


The Run: After a long day in which I didn't eat hardly anything, this run was just plain tough to do. I'm happy to be back on a streak and maybe the unlucky number 13 had something to do with the pain. My body was in no mood to move, but after a 2 hour nap from around 9 to 11, I rose to hit the streets. Once again music was critical to me completing this one. I still am hoping I get some feedback on great running songs if anyone is reading this. What do you listen to?

Up Next: Simpson Housing Services

1 comment:

Mel-2nd Chances said...

if you use an ipod with itunes, check out my blog post here: http://m0mmymel.blogspot.com/2008/11/have-you-met-genius.html

it's a great way to create quick playlists based on the music you already have in your library. I love the song Beautiful Day by U2... and had an amazing run yesterday using that playlist :) Hope that helps! Great causes