Saturday, November 22, 2008

A New Streak Begins

It's been about 75 days since Streak 1 ended.

My goal with that streak was simply to run at least one mile every day for one full year, from May 20, 2007 to May 20, 2008.

I accomplished that goal, and then just kept going for around another 100 days or so before I missed a day and decided to take some time off.

Blogging about the streak was actually more challenging, and looking back I think it was due to a few factors:

#1 - I wasn't really sure anyone cared to read each day about how my run went.

# 2 - I had no idea how to make it interesting.

# 3 - I struggled on some days just to force myself to run, let alone write about it.

The list could go on but I did discover that some people did actually care to read, and a few even took time to comment.

Now I have a different approach with two additional goals as I start Streak 2.0.

# 1 - Find a different cause to run for each day. I'll post not only about the run, but about what I'm running for that day.

I also want to run for 1,000 different causes for 1,000 consecutive days.

# 2 - To learn more about other people's running goals via two new resources to me:
One is Twit2Fit and the other is Cool Running.

Thanks for reading and please join the conversation I aim to start here.

What do you run for? Fitness? Competition? To your car from work?

2 comments:

Running Mom said...

I like your idea of running 1 mile a day. It's do-able. It won't take forever...even if I have to walk it. Nice!

Marlene said...

What a unique idea. I love it!

To answer your question, I started running for fitness (i.e. to lose weight)... I've continued running for the satisfaction of reaching new goals and competing with myself.