Monday, November 24, 2008

Run # 3 - Animal Rescue New Orleans


The Cause:
As an all-volunteer no-kill shelter with many physical limitations since Gustav, Animal Rescue New Orleans is doing everything they can to maintain their safe haven for abused, neglected, abandoned and stray animals. With little funding, and no paid staff, it seems it would be extremely difficult to run an operation completely with volunteers. But they do it, day in and day out, seven days a week, 12 hours a day. Many of the people that volunteer there on a daily (and nightly) basis are exhausted but they forge on no matter what. To some it may seem a waste of time, rescuing animals when the money could be spent elsewhere. But to those select few who work at ARNO’s shelter, nothing else could begin to compare to the elated feeling when a new home is found for a shelter pet. - Excerpt from An Escape Into Reality by
Molly Hargrove, ARNO Volunteer
.

Donate to ARNO

The Run:
2.09 miles on a cold Austin night. I went up and down a curvy hill that my body didn't particularly enjoy. My mind thought it was cool though as I always like looking forward to running downhill. This run reminded me a little of the Tucson Marathon because of the weather and hills.

Up Next:
Homeless Nation. I'm also looking for running song recommendations. What is your favorite?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice job on the run. Keep it up.

Marlene said...

Nice job!

The beautiful thing about hills is that what goes up, must come down. Usually.

Great cause!

Laurel said...

Nice job on the run. And that sounds like a great cause.

Thanks for stopping by. I trained mostly on asphalt, but run on a lot of trails by my house too (packed dirt, rocks, etc).

Stacey said...

Great job on the run! And a great cause!

Marci said...

Great job on the run.
As for my next run, I am looking at the Dallas Marathon this Dec. Maybe... Thanks for stopping by my blog, I'll add yours to my reading list!

P.O.M. said...

Hi Just found your blog thru Aron. What a great idea you have here - running each day for a different cause. Keep up the good work!