Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Run # 5 - Tweetsgiving

The Cause: Tweetsgiving is a celebration of gratitude and giving created by Epic Change, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. The project aims to demonstrate the power of the social web by raising $10,000 in 48 hours to build a classroom in Tanzania. (From tweetsgiving.org).

Epic Change believes that people's stories are assets that can be used as resources to improve their lives. We help people in need share their "epic" true stories in innovative, creative and profitable ways to help them acquire the financial resources they need to create positive "change" in their communities.
(From epicchange.org).

Visit and Donate to Tweetsgiving. As of this writing, the project is 73% to it's goal.

The Run: I've wondered if I'd ever have a moment when I really missed Phoenix and it came tonight. Out on this run, I felt some pain in my legs, especially when running up and down even the smallest of hills. This is going to take some getting used to. The flat desert spoiled me. I can't say enough how happy I am to be on a running streak again, but it is still an adjustment to get back in the groove. This run and next I am sure I will record more thoughts about what I am thankful for than usual, but I do agree with many people who have blogged and spoken about how we should be more thankful more often for all we have. I'm thankful for my family and friends I rarely see who traveled thousands of miles to see me this year. I'm also thankful I learned about Tweetsgiving, and I'm grateful for Twitter introducing me to it as well. Twitter has shown how powerful of a positive impact it can have and it is truly remarkable how it's effectiveness is on display with this project.

Up Next: My Thanksgiving cause has yet to be decided upon. What would you run for?

2 comments:

Mel-2nd Chances said...

What a great idea... to dedicate your runs to causes! Good luck with the streak. In response to your question on my blog... it definitely took me a few weeks to get back in the groove, but only took one run to realize what i was missing.

Since Epilepsy is something i've personally gone through, I'd run for that cause :) Happy Thanksgiving!

Kim said...

Happy Thanksgiving CA. Great reason to run-good luck in your endeavor!